Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Review Day in the Life - Glorying in September Weekends

In response to a collection of questions regarding what I actually do all day, I hope to provide a glimpse of an average weekend day. This first week in September involved a lazy Saturday morning with muffin making and window nook reading, a jog and a bike to our weekly fellowship meeting.

I love my kitchen in its recollection of 1970's lime. Our living room is just as colorful, but racer pink instead of green. Upon first moving into this apartment over two years ago, I fought the bizarre color collections. Shoving the pink and orange striped couch covers into a closet, I insisted that pink is just not my choice of living room taste, and relaxed into the blue, fake leather couches that soon came to be known as the van seats. Soon pragmatics won out over color as these couches are sweat hot in summer and bone chilling in winter. The couch covers returned. Yes, my roommate Jessica and I debated having different covers made at the fabric market, but by this point the wild matrix of household colors and styles had been engrained in us as perfectly China. A "when in Rome" mentality won over our initial distaste. Now I think the colors are almost quaint, or at least worth a smile.

The bike to fellowship that day is also worthy of note. At that time, our group met in a home. (We have since graduated to a hotel due to our growing numbers.) All the apartment complexes are gated and guarded and gardened. On this particular day, the gate was locked and the guard absent, so I opted to climb through the window of the guard shack to open the door. The final picture of the collection notes that we safely arrived at fellowship bikes intact.

1 comment:

Jessica Longenecker said...

Very fun pictures! I almost forgot about some of these. Yeah for weekends :)